Saturday, June 30

I just thought I should write something here; it's been quite some time.

Work's been keeping me very busy. I have little time for anything else. I've also become some sort of an alcoholic (?), but not quite. I just enjoy my liquor more than I ever used to, especially the milk-based liqueurs. Yummy. And cocktails. Having bartenders for friends is a really good deal. I've also recently developed an acute appreciation of house and trance-like music. There's this one song I cannot get out of my head but I have no idea who sang it so I can't even download it...

I think it's been pretty obvious that I've started on a comic craze recently. I read Gaiman's 1602 about 2 weeks ago. It was good, I liked how he redeveloped the characters in a different setting. Loved the art. But I just didn't appreciate how the best that the writer of an acclaimed contemporary comic genre, the writer of crazy-ass Sandman, could come up with was a Save-The-World plot. That was such a huge let down. No complexities, no multiple layers. Plenty of espionage and politics but the 'end of the world' thing was just not cutting it for me. I still like Gaiman though.

A few weeks back, I was reading the first few pages of Alan Moore's "Watchman" and I really enjoyed it. I've been putting off buying it for some time now. I probably shall do so tomorrow or on Monday. I have DVD's due tomorrow to return to the library@esplanade too.

Modules list for the new academic year 07/08 will be out on Monday. I am pretty excited to know what's going to be offered. If I qualify for honours, I'll probably do something on comics. It feels good to have something specific to work towards other than a mundane, boring BA.

0 comments: